Even if you have a 20/20 vision, hazy headlights can be dangerous. Why? That?s because there?s less light to illuminate the road. Thus, you may not see what?s ahead of you, or other drivers won?t see you. Fortunately, there are ways for clearing up your hazy lights. With these simple tricks, you will be able to make your headlights look new again!
Things You?ll Need:
- Baking Soda (as needed)
- Spray bottle
What To Do:
Before you start cleaning your headlight, check it first by feeling it with your hand. If it is smooth, the haziness might be coming from the inside. That means you won?t likely fix the problem on your own. But if there are bumps outside of the headlight or you can see spots on the outside glass, then the following steps will most likely help you.
- If your toothpaste is not gritty enough for whitening, add baking soda to it. As soon as the mixture is ready, rub it properly into the headlight using your hands.
- Using a toothbrush, work the paste thoroughly into the headlight.
- Use warm water when spraying the headlight. With cloth or paper towel, wash off the paste and dry the headlight thoroughly.
- Use the wax to cover the headlight. This will prevent the plastic from getting dirty again. Although this may seem very random, the layer of wax is very crucial. It acts as a barrier of protection which will clear out your headlight for as long as possible.
- Remove the wax completely using a cloth.
If you own a Dremel (a hand-held tool with a spinning brush on the end), using it would be helpful. Just make sure that you leave it on the lowest setting. If you turn it up too high, this might melt the plastic on your headlight.
It is important to keep your headlights clean and clear at all times. Doing so would help prevent accidents at night or when there?s storm. It enables you to see clearly and will help other drivers see you as well.
When on the road, it?s important to be protected. Here at Velox Insurance, we want you to have the financial protection you need from unforeseen circumstances. We want your most valuable assets to be covered properly at a reasonable price. Call our agents at 1-855-Go-Velox (468-2569) or visit us at our office today. We also offer free auto insurance quotes!