Some coverage for recreational vehicles (RVs) can be provided by a standard insurance policy for an automobile, but getting separate coverage for your RV is best if you plan on using it for extended trips. Taking long trips in your RV means more opportunities for an event to occur that requires insurance.There are a few restrictions you need to know about when considering recreational vehicle insurance. For example, your RV needs to have certain types of fixtures to qualify as an RV unit. This may include accommodations for cooking, bathing, refrigeration, potable water, electricity, heating, and air conditioning. Insurance policies may also cover travel trailers, which do not have a motor. This is a type of RV insurance that only applies to towed trailers with these living accommodations inside. RV policies may include comprehensive, collision, vacation liability, roadside assistance, and medical.Velox Insurance offers affordable RV insurance in Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas. Call your local agent at 1-855-Go Velox (468-3569) or request a quote online to get RV insurance coverage for your RV today.
Recreational Vehicle Insurance Coverage
Below are some of the coverage options for your RV insurance. Your Velox Insurance agent will help you assess what type of coverage is best for your needs.
- Bodily Injury Liability This type of coverage helps pay for another individual’s bodily injuries and medical expenses that you are found legally responsible for.
- Collision Coverage Collision coverage pays up to the coverage limits for damages caused to your RV as a result of an accident.
- Comprehensive Physical Damage Coverage This type of insurance provides coverage for damages to your RV resulting from incidents other than collisions such as theft, fire, vandalism, flooding, hail, or other perils.
- Medical Payments Coverage If you and your passengers are injured in an accident, medical payments coverage will pay for your doctor and other medical expenses regardless of who is at fault.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage This type of coverage protects you if you accidentally damage someone else’s property with your RV. It also provides coverage for legal fees in most cases.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Coverage If you are in a hit-and-run accident or if you are in an accident with someone who does not have insurance, uninsured motorist coverage pays for pain and suffering which is not covered by medical, disability, and personal injury protection. Underinsured motorist coverage pays for bodily injury to you or your family if the person legally responsible does not have adequate coverage.
How to Find Affordable RV Insurance
RVs are the best vehicles for long road trips as they are a car and a home in one package. While this means they provide us with a more fun experience, they also need more protection. Just like other RV owners out there, you would want to maximize the benefits you get from your vehicle. And what’s the best way to keep the fun. Savings and low RV insurance rates! Here are some tips that you can use to save on your RV insurance.
Pay the Entire Policy Upfront.
One way to get discounts on your RV insurance policy is to simply pay upfront rather than taking monthly installments. However, if you do not have the budget for an upfront payment, there is another way for you to get discounts. Pay your premiums on time. Consistently paying before your due date makes you deserving of some discounts!
Be a responsible driver and drive safely.
It is extremely helpful for every RV owner to avoid getting into trouble on the road (whether it’s an accident or a violation). If your driving history (and other drivers of your RV) remains clean for a certain period, you can qualify for a discounted premium.
Raise your deductibles.
If a lower premium is of prime importance to you, then you can raise your deductibles. However, keep in mind that this would mean that you’ll be shouldering more financial burden in case you get into an accident. So think wisely before you decide.
Purchase other policies from Velox.
Become a member of an RV association and enjoy discounts.
If you are already a member of an RV association or plan to join one, check with our agents to find out which associations are qualified for discounts.
Maintain your policy with us.
If you’ve been with our agency for a long time, you can qualify for loyalty discounts through your insurance carrier.
Save more money on RV insurance! Speak with an agent today to learn more about discounts and tips on how to get cheaper premiums. Call us at 1-855-468-3569.
Why Choose Velox Insurance as your RV Insurance Agency?
Velox Insurance offers very reliable coverage with rates that would fit your budget. Whether you’re buying insurance for your camper, motor home, or other RV types, we assure you that you will have the best flexible coverage that you need.
We will also be glad to assist you if you need anything like filing a claim or changing a policy. Call us at 1-855-468-3569 or contact one of our local agencies about RV insurance today.
FAQs on RV Insurance
What vehicles qualify for RV insurance?
Our RV insurance policies cover a wide range of RVs. Depending on the policy you want and your situation, there may be some amenities that your vehicle doesn’t need. To qualify for a policy, your RV must often have the following items installed:
- Air conditioning or heater
- Electric system
- Kitchen appliances
- Potable water supply
What are the requirements needed to request a quote?
While there are no requirements, it is helpful to have the following information handy:
- Brand, model, and overall condition of your RV
- Names of the people you want to be covered by your policy
- Your current insurer
- Safety devices installed on your RV
- Personal items that you will be carrying in your RV
How much RV insurance should I get?
The amount of insurance coverage you get depends largely on how you use your RV and how often. Talk to one of our agents and get free advice on how much coverage you should get.