Does your boat have the Atlanta, GA boat insurance to protect it?
Now that the weather is cooling off and the winter is rapidly approaching in Atlanta, Georgia, it is the perfect time to start thinking about protecting your valuable recreational asset. Before you store your boat for the winter, check its health and make any updates.
The best place for your boat to be during winter is out of the water, under cover, and in a climate-controlled boat storage area. However, if this option is not available to you, you may opt for shrink-wrapping your boat.
Read on for a boat checklist to tuck her away for the winter:
- Flush the engine with non-toxic antifreeze by using an intake hose to the water pump.
- Thoroughly inspect the stern drive and remove any plant life or barnacles from the lower limit.
- Clean the lower unit with soap and water.
- Gauge the remaining fuel in the tank and treat it with the correct amount of fuel stabilizer.
- Wash the outboard engine down with soap and water and rinse thoroughly.
- Change the fuel filters and water separators.
- Clean the interior and remove any valuables or electronics.
Before storing your boat, take a moment to review your boat insurance. As it is designed to protect your boat and finances, you should ensure that you have the correct amount of coverage.
To protect your boat year round, visit Velox Insurance for a smooth-sailing selection of the right policy for you! We are located in Atlanta, Georgia but serve all neighboring cities. Contact us today!