Stay safe this holiday with these Atlanta, GA Halloween safety tips.
Halloween is almost here, which means your neighborhood is probably filling up with spooky decorations. While getting ready for the holiday, it is important to remember how to safely celebrate. Keep these Halloween safety tips in mind to ensure that you can fully enjoy all of the celebrations!
- Always slow down when you are driving through residential areas since excited children can easily jump out into the street with little or no warning.
- When backing out of a driveway, keep a look out behind your car to ensure that there are no children who are walking by.
- Turn on your headlights to make you more visible, even during the day.
- Plan a route with your kids before you head out trick or treating through neighborhoods that have sidewalks and street lights.
- If you are allowing your older kids to go trick or treating with their friends, have a strict curfew of when they need to e home.
- Inspect all of your children?s candy before allowing them to eat it. if you find any pieces that are open or look like they have been tampered with, throw it away.
Trick or treaters should:
- Look for light-colored costumes that will help you be seen at night. Consider carrying a flashlight or glow stick to stay safe.
- Only cross the street in a designated crosswalk and follow all traffic laws. Do not run across the street.
- Make eye contact with a driver before crossing the street to ensure that you are seen.
All of us at Velox Insurance in Atlanta, Georgia would like to encourage you to keep these safety tips in mind to have a fun and safe Halloween!