These tips will help to keep your house secure during the holiday season.
While you look at the holiday season as the perfect opportunity to spend more time with your friends and family, thieves look at it as the perfect time to load up their bags with stolen gifts. No matter if you are just running to the corner store or are headed out for a week long vacation, keeping your home protected will help to make sure that your home and personal belongings stay protected.
Keep these holiday home protection tips in mind each time you leave your house.
- Keep your plans off social media. Burglars look at social media sites to see if anyone has posted about being out of town for the holidays. Don?t post any of your pictures or stories on social media until you get back home.
- Keep your curtains drawn. While you may want to show off your beautifully decorated tree and all the wrapped gifts underneath, keeping your curtains open can be like a display case for burglars to see what they can steal.
- Be smart about your trash. After opening your brand new flat screen TV, make sure to properly throw away the box. Don?t leave it sitting on your curb until trash day since it will show thieves exactly what you have inside.
- Even if you aren?t home, make your house look like it is occupied. Install a few timers on lights and a radio to keep your house light and noisy.
- If you have an alarm system, make sure everyone knows it. Put stickers in your windows and the sign in your front yard.
Knowing that you have the right homeowners insurance policy in place will help to ensure that your house stays safe and secure. Contact the insurance professionals at Velox Insurance in Atlanta, Georgia for all of your home insurance coverage needs.